There is nothing ‘usual’ about this French toast, so I like to serve it to my overnight guests or when I host a beautiful brunch.
I soak buttery brioche bread in egg and Mexican vanilla paste mixture and after a few minutes of baking — brûlée a thin layer of caster sugar on top making this humble dish extra fancy.
If you serve it with a ball of blueberry sorbet, it becomes something really decadent, because the acidity of the cold sorbet cuts through the warm crunchy toast making a wonderful contrast. Serve it warm and make extra, because everyone will ask for seconds.
Dried brioche bread or other white bread preferably
3 whole eggs
1 tsp Mexican vanilla paste
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup milk
Knob of butter for baking
Caster sugar for sprinkling thin Lear on top
Torch to brûlée
Blueberry sorbet to serve
1. Mix eggs and vanilla bean paste with cream and milk.
2. Cut the bred and gently melt butter in the non- stick pan.
3. Soak slices in the mixture and let them drip completely before baking them on the low fire for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
4. Let them cool slightly before sprinkling with the sugar.
5. Brûlée sugar with torch making sure that sugar does not burn, since it can turn very bitter.
6. Serve it right away with sorbet.